– Well dip me in a fryerand call me crazy fair food.
– Let's talk about that.
(groovy electronic music) Good Mythical Summer.
– This is our last week of theGood Mythical Summer episodes so we got an episode rightnow, Wednesday and Friday.
– Then we're gonna take a short break and we'll be back withseason 16 on August 26th.
– And as you've probablyheard, our new novel, “The Lost Causes of Bleak Creek” comes out on October 29th.
It's a thriller, it's funny, and since it's so special to us, we've developed a very special live event around its release.
– Yes we have craftedan intimate experience, unlike any of our previoustours so we can all celebrate this milestone together.
We're not only gonna bereading from the book but we'll also bebringing the back stories from our childhood to life by premiering a very special documentary.
Get all the info at BleakCreek.
– Yeah we're only doingthis for six nights in six cities and then we'renot gonna do it anymore.
Boston, New York, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Winston Salem, and Los Angeles, and all tickets include thebook so they're a great deal, it's just a few morebucks than the cover price of the actual book plusVIPs get a meet and greet and a signed book.
– Mythical Society members getfirst dibs on tickets today and then they go on salefor everybody on Wednesday.
Seating is limited so head over to BleakCreek.
com to get 'em.
– Thank you for celebratingthe novel along with us.
– It's gonna be a good time and you know what else is a good time? The state fair.
– But there's more to the statefair than just showing off your large cabbages andmakin' out on the Gravitron which I do not recommend.
– Yes my favorite thingabout the state fair is the incredibly inventive food choices.
All across America, fairvendors are comin' up with some straight up weird stuff to empty my wallet and fill my belly.
It's time for ♪ Where in America Do TheseState Fair Foods Come From? ♪ – Okay so we're gonnabe served a crazy food that originated at a statefair somewhere in America and try to guess whatstate it was birthed in.
We are going to indicate ourguess by throwing a dart– (Chase mutters) At (chuckles), was that English? – Yeah that was–(Rhett speaks gibberish) (Link speaks gibberish) (Chase laughs) – [Rhett] That's a map of America.
– Yeah it's— Look at that.
That's never happened before, guys.
– Look at that.
Chase is gonna measure the distance between the correct answer and the dart.
Just like in golf, thelower the score, the better.
– And you can be usinginches because it's America.
(Rhett chuckles)- Really? – Yeah he is.
Okay so Link, you have a uniqueability to lose this game so you're gonna get avery special break in case of emergency dart called the squart.
It's a squirt gun, chill, filled with chilled.
– Chilled, is it called— Cherry lemonade.
I don't know if it's chilled or not but it's filled with cherry lemonade.
And of course the winner getssome deep fried Pepto-Bismol.
That's what the winner gets? In Good Mythical More, let's play.
(upbeat vocal music) This is a burger withsome sort of unspecified– – [Link] What is that? – [Rhett] Is that just, oh it's cold.
– This is frozen ice creamon a freakin' burger.
– It's fried ice cream.
– I meant to say fried ice cream but– – Like from Chi Chi's.
– I said frozen.
– All right so you just— All ice cream is preferably frozen.
– Just squish it and dish it, man.
I'm not gonna be dinking with you today because you're a little underthe weather so I'm sorry.
– That's an understatement.
– Keep your dinks to yourself.
– I don't even know if Ican taste with this cold.
Oh— What? I like it.
– It forced me to putmy teeth in ice cream.
– It's really not that big of a deal.
– It hurts bad, man.
You don't have the teethsensitivities that I do.
– It's all in the teeth, huh? – There's nothing like the taste of onions and vanilla ice cream together.
I mean, that's not a good idea, man.
You actually like it? – I like the sensationof the, first of all, you put cheese on a burger, it's a dairy product.
Why can't you put ice cream on a burger? – It's freezing.
– The real question is where is this from and I'm gonna go firstsince I won last time.
– And I'm just gonna go with the fact thatVermont is a dairy area, otherwise known as a dairea, and it's also whereBen and Jerry are from.
Now keep in mind, if Imiss, you get automatically, well usually it's 50centimeters so whatever the inch equivalent of 50centimeters is is what– – 50 inches.
– Okay so I'm going forVermont but I'm gonna go a little bit left just so I don't miss.
Oh ho ho, yeah, Vermont! – Dang son.
Now last time in Good Mythical More after we played the dart game, you inadvertently taughtme how to throw darts.
– Yeah I regret it every day.
– By saying, remember just point at whereyou want to go after the dart 'cause I was like (moans).
So I feel like I'm a good darter now.
– Okay we'll find out.
– I think it's Minnesota.
– A lot of dairy up there.
– [Rhett] Yeah it's a dairea as well.
– [Link] Oh, you see, I was close.
– Yeah you were.
Okay what do we got here? – [Stevie] Okay boys, that was fried ice cream on a cheeseburger as Linkso eloquently stated.
But it was cornflake andcinnamon coated ice cream to be exact.
– Really? – [Stevie] This dish won fourth place in the People's Choice Burger Awards at the state fair in Florida.
– What? Florida? They'll do anything down there.
– All right, Rhett, you had 19 and Link, you had 21 and a half.
I actually thought I was closer.
– Well— I'm not.
Think again friend.
(upbeat vocal music) – All right we've gotsome sort of fried nugget with some sort of dip on it.
– [Rhett] What is that? – That's a piece of chicken thigh.
– No I believe that's a reptile.
– What? No it's another type of bird.
It's bird meat.
– That's not a bird.
That bird had an infectionif that's a bird.
– I can't taste anythingwith this head cold, man.
– Well I mean it may be a bird.
– Tell me how it tastes.
– Not like a bird.
(chuckles) It doesn't taste like a bird.
It tastes like it might be a testicle.
Or it might be a reptile.
I get my testicles and myreptiles mixed up all the time.
– You know what, we've eaten– – Oh look at that, look at that.
– [Link] We've eaten RockyMountain spotted oysters.
– [Rhett] It's a teste, man.
– I don't think spotted is part of it.
These are Rocky Mountain oysters.
– But Colorado is not a choice.
But do you think that theinclinations of Colorado-runs makes it down to New Mexico and Arizona? I think so, I mean they share a border.
You ever stood in all four states? You could do that.
– So do you agree that theseare Rocky Mountain oysters? – Don't point that at my face, man.
– What do you want me to do, point my finger, that's rude.
– I think that they're testes, yeah.
New Mexico or Arizona, that's all I got.
I'm just gonna aim in between'em and see what happens.
Or hit Wyoming.
– [Link] Dang it, seeWyoming was my answer.
– (laughs) I knew that.
– 'Cause I think the RockyMountains are up there.
– They are for sure.
But I mean why wouldyou wanna have something that pokes fun of your mountains? This could be somethingthat has nothing to do, it's like, all the wayfrom the Rocky Mountains, over here in North Kakalaka.
– Our people wouldn't do this kinda thing.
– It's like exotic.
They eat Rocky Mountainoysters all the time in the Rocky Mountains.
– These are not bad.
– I think your luck has sent me directly— But they're a little too thick.
– On the right answer.
So I'm going for Wyoming as well.
– A little too much.
(Link groans) Okay well.
– I feel like my aim is better than it was but just not as goodas your accidental aim.
– Right, that's true, that's a good way to put it.
What do we got here? – [Stevie] Okay theseare called lamb fries which are seasoned, breaded, deep-fried lamb testicles.
– Lamb nuts? – [Stevie] I've neversaid testicles like that.
Served with a dill sauce, lamb fries are served at the Holy Land Food Standwhere its workers wear shirts that say go nuts, try the lamb nuts.
They're served at thestate fair in Minnesota.
– Oh Link, you got closer.
– You're closer to Minnesota.
– Lamb nuts.
– Holy land, what? – All right Link hadseven and Rhett had 11.
– Oh, Link you pulled ahead.
♪ These nuts ♪ (upbeat vocal music) It's like a Lunchable.
– It's got a lot of, oh there's something in this, look.
There's something on the bottom.
– [Link] Is it corn bread? – [Rhett] I think it's more, I think this is chicken soup.
– Oh my gosh.
– Inside of corn bread.
– [Link] Oh my goodness.
– Yeah this is chicken, basically– – This is freakin' brilliant.
– Like chicken anddumplings with a corn bread.
– Wow, that is amazing.
I feel like I could beanywhere in America.
I feel like this needsto be in a cooler region.
I don't think we're downthere in the southwest.
I think this is Michigan.
– [Rhett] Hmm.
– [Link] Michigan.
I'm just a little weak.
– You split the difference.
You split the differencebetween that and North Carolina.
I wanna say Nebraska because of the corn but I don't know if, cornbread is such a southern thing but corn is such a Nebraskan thing.
– [Link] Mm.
– I'm gonna put that in the shower thoughts thread on Reddit.
(crew laughs) – It's not gonna get much traction.
– I'm gonna go for Nebraska, why not? Or there.
– [Stevie] Okay, you justenjoyed some twankies which are hollowed outcorn bread cakes stuffed with Tex-Mex chickenwhite bean chili served with corn bread fries.
– White bean chili.
– [Stevie] The twanky wasa finalist in the 2018 savory category at the Texas State Fair.
– Ah, I didn't see the beansand I didn't taste the Tex-Mex.
– I don't see any beans now.
– I feel like a loser.
– All right Link had 18 and Rhett had 11.
– You lucky dog.
– It's a tight race.
We're so wrong and so right.
(upbeat vocal music) Link, this is a freaking donut.
– Glazed donut.
– Sloppy Joe.
– [Link] And there's some cheese on there.
– [Rhett] There's cheese on it.
– Sloppy Joe doesn't have to have cheese but if your mama really loves ya, (chuckles) you're gonna get that cheese.
– I was gonna think that itwas too sweet but it's not.
– Wow it really blends beautifully.
– What is the smartest state? – Oh gosh.
– What state has thewherewithal to come up with something soingenious, so satisfying.
I feel like this is a statewhere there's factories, makin' stuff, they'restill manufacturing things.
– You thinking Michigan? – I feel like this is a statethat I can five a high five because it's shapedlike a hand so I can say congratulations, Michican for having the best idea America's ever had.
– [Link] Oh he hit the bumper car.
And this is a fun-lovin', hold nothing back dish.
And as we all know ♪ California knows how to party ♪ (Rhett, Link and crew chuckling) – You almost didn't get that out.
It almost just stopped in the middle.
– No, what's going onwith my head these days, it's like I can talk like ♪ California knows how to party ♪ – (chuckles) Oh God.
Wow, if you're right, youare gonna pull way ahead.
– This is for Tupac.
Right there, Catalina.
– [Rhett] You hit oneof the channel islands.
(crew laughing) – [Stevie] Okay this isn'tjust a donut Sloppy Joe, it's a Krispy Kreme Sloppy Joe.
The director of corporate communications at Krispy Kreme said thesandwich is in no way, quote, created, endorsed ormarketed by the company but it was created atthe Chicken Charlie booth at the San Diego County Fair.
(Rhett yells) ♪ And the city of San Diego ♪ – Oh.
(Link chuckles) – (groans) Wow Link, youjust pulled way ahead.
– Yeah buddy.
– Yeah Link, you had threeand Rhett you had 30.
(chuckles) Oh gosh.
– Quite a delta and I'm not talkin' about the airlines.
(Rhett groans) (upbeat vocal music) – Okay.
– The profile of this is strangely familiar to me.
– [Rhett] I feel like you'veenjoyed one of these before but it wasn't covered in chocolate.
– This is a scorpion.
– I'm just gonna bite a claw off and chew.
– Whoa, the pop.
(crew laughing) – As we've discovered before though, chocolate does a world to help anything that you need to get in your gullet.
(Link coughs) I think it's okay.
– If you focus on the chocolate part.
– I did.
– I'm in the lead.
I've taken quite a large lead.
And I still have my squirt blaster here.
You know what, I'm feelingthe California love.
I'm gonna relinquish the blaster.
– I don't know if I want it.
– And you know what.
(Rhett laughs)- Yeah you don't have to use it.
I'm saying that I'm not gonna use it.
This is obviously a southwest situation.
– Right so I mean at this point it's like, it's gotta be Arizona or New Mexico.
– I'm gonna split the differencebetween zone of Arizona.
I'm gonna split thedifference with Mexico.
– Okay I'll make a deal with you.
If I hit in the verycenter of the bull's eye of the state that itis with my squirt gun.
(chuckles) Or my dart, will you give me the win? – Yes.
– Dart though not squirt gun.
– If you dart it right in themiddle of the correct state.
– You win.
– All right I'm gonna go for Arizona.
Ah (laughs), Nevada.
– [Link] A little north.
– Okay what do we got?- Okay you were correct.
That was a chocolatecovered scorpion on a stick.
The chef du jour booth thatfirst sold this creation recommends you eat the scorpion by starting with the head first.
– And they're sold at the state fair in Arizona.
– Oh man.
– Arizona knows how to party– – Dang.
– As well.
– All right Link well you know what.
We don't even really need tomeasure but just so you can see how badly you beat me this time, Chase, what are the final measurements? – Link had four and a halfand Rhett had six and a half.
– See, all we had to dothis whole time was keep it in my home vicinity.
– That's right.
– This country.
– Congratulations forwinning the American version of our internationalgame, Link.
(chuckles) You get to enjoy somedeep-fried Pepto-Bismol in Good Mythical More, you lucky dog.
– The one time I win.
– (chuckles) Thanks for liking, commenting and subscribing.
– You know what time it is.
– Hi I'm Kailyn, I'm here to see Rhett and Link at the North Carolina State Fair.
It's time to spin theWheel of Mythicality.
– Woo! – Let's do it.
– Click the top link to watch us try the funnel cake bacon cheeseburger from the Texas State Fairin Good Mythical More.
– And to find out where the Wheel of Mythicality's gonna land.
– [Rhett] We're commemoratingour creative promise to each other with a bloodoath tee and long sleeve at Mythical.